ingenie telematics insurance blog

Find out what's going on at ingenie

Am I covered for driving outside of the UK?

Travel outside of the UK from 1st January 2021

While a trade deal has been agreed with the EU, the decision regarding membership of the free circulation zone has not been finalised. Therefore, you will need a Green Card if you take your car outside of the UK.

What is a Green Card?

A Green Card is an internationally recognised proof of motor insurance cover which must be printed and taken with you when driving abroad.

How to get a Green Card?

You can arrange a Green Card for your trip by speaking to us on live chat. Please give us 14 days’ notice where possible so we can process this for you.